Keith M. Wallace
Keith M. Wallace has more than 30 years’ experience representing individuals, businesses, and municipal governments. Keith has experience in a broad number of legal disciplines and his primary practice areas include adoption, immigration, federal regulation and compliance, international law, family law, guardianships, juvenile, probate and criminal law. Keith’s work has included extensive international travel, negotiating with foreign governments, completing licensing/permit procedures as well as insuring compliance with US and foreign regulations. Additionally, Keith has successfully briefed and argued several cases before the Federal 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Keith is an Evansville native and graduate of Indiana University-Bloomington and Valparaiso University School of Law. From 1990 to 1991, Keith spent time teaching law, as a Foreign Expert at Peking University in Beijing, China. He volunteers his time serving children in different capacities and has served on national boards, including the Board of the Family Formation Charitable Trust. He is also the recipient of the Sagamore of the Wabash, a Partnership Award from Habitat for Humanity, Distinguished Hoosier Award, and Angel in Adoption presented by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute.
- American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
- Indiana Family Law Mediator
- Christian Legal Society
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Evansville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Recipient of “Angels in Adoption” Award from the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute – sponsored by Senators Bayh and Lugar of Indiana
- Recipient of “Sagamore of the Wabash” from Governor Frank O’Bannon of Indiana
- Recipient of “Distinguished Hoosier” Award from Governor Evan Bayh of Indiana
- Marquis’ Who’s Who in American Law
- Habitat of Evansville, Inc. – Received Partnership Award in 2003; Volunteer (1994 – 2004)
- Impact Ministries, Inc. – Board of Directors (1994 – 2006; President 1994 – 1996; 2005 – 2006) Founding member of an inner city ministry focused on education & health care.
- Center for Creative Leadership, Inc. Executive Program – 2004
- Joint Council on International Children’s Services – Board of Directors (2004 – 2010) Involved developing national policy on child permanency planning.
- Families Thru International Adoption, Inc. (1995 – 2014) Established non-profit international adoption service provider that assisted US citizens adoption more than 5,000 children from more than ten countries.
- ChildVision, Inc. (2004 – 2013) Created a non-profit NGO providing education and job training skills for orphans & children in difficult economic circumstances.
Admissions to Practice:
- Indiana State Bar (1983)
- United States District Court, Northern and Southern District of Indiana (1983)
- Kentucky State Bar (1984)
- United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Keith M. Wallace Law Office (2012-2014)
- Jones Wallace (2009-2012)
- Bowers Harrison (2000-2009)
- Jones & Wallace (1996-2000)
- Wright Evans & Daly (1991-1996)
- Foreign Expert, Peking University, China (1990 – 1991)
- Jones & Wallace (1987-1990)
- Indiana University, BA, 1978
- Valparaiso University, School of Law, 1983
- Family Law and Adoption
- Immigration Law
- Business Counsel and Contracts
- Criminal Law
- Estate Planning, Probate and Guardianship
- Juvenile Law